Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Disneyland Gone Pumpkin

Sadly it's been a few weeks since my last blog post because life has just been getting busier (if that's even possible) so I thought I would return with a yummy post about my recent excursion to Disneyland!

In case you didn't know, I'm a proud member of the crazy obsessed pumpkin lovers club! Well I don't think there's an a official club, but someone really should start one due to the pumpkin flavored everything frenzy that seems to grow more and more popular each year...and trust me, I'm not complaining! I'm totally guilty of including something pumpkin-y into my daily diet during these few wonderful fall months. So naturally I've been reading a lot of articles lately about all of the new and returning pumpkin flavored foods that Disneyland is offering this year. My dad and I decided to cruise up after work last Friday and spend a relaxing evening at the happiest place on earth, while indulging in some of their tummy warming, fall spiced concoctions.

First, we tried out their very own version of a pumpkin cream cheese muffin. We picked it up at the coffee stand on Main Street USA in front of the Frontierland entrance. Unfortunately, we were too hungry when we got there that we ate the whole thing before I got a picture of it. We were slightly disappointed with the flavor. It tasted more like an apple spiced muffin rather than pumpkin, but overall it was still good. Next, we tried the pumpkin twist from Maurice's Treats located in the Fantasy Faire area. It was SO delicious!! Once again I didn't get a chance to take a picture because my dad devoured it instantly, but trust me guys...this one is a winner. I think it may have been my favorite pumpkin dessert out of all the ones we tried...maybe. It was so flavorful, without being too much and wasn't very heavy. It was light, sweet and buttery, with the perfect amount of pumpkin.

Our last yummy stop was at the Jolly Holiday Bakery on Main Street USA. We picked out the pumpkin cupcake, pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin spiced latte (in their new seasonal Halloween mug of course)!



We didn't quite understand the concept of the cupcake when we initially bought it. When we read the name "pumpkin cupcake" we assumed it meant a pumpkin flavored cupcake. However, after the first couple bites we realized that it was just a regular yellow-spiced cake with a buttercream frosting in the shape of a Mickey pumpkin. Presentation wise it was adorable and so creative, but I have to admit I was a little bummed it was just a normal cake. Luckily, we tried the pumpkin cheesecake afterward and oh my goodness...it was incredible! It tasted pretty close to pumpkin pie, but with a delicious cheesecake consistency and crust. 

Oh, I almost forgot! We also had the pumpkin beignets from the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans at the end of the night, which is a dessert staple of ours every year, and they were yummy as always (I highly suggest trying these)!

So if you're planning a Disneyland trip this fall I definitely suggest checking out these treats for yourself, and if you try/have tried any of them I would love to hear what you liked or didn't like in the comments below!

Now looking back on all of the sugary food we had...I think I need to go on a cleanse ;)

♡♥♡

No comments:

Post a Comment