Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Camping 101...Eternal Fest Weekend!

Well guys, I survived my first music festival and camp out over the past weekend in Jacumba, CA. And guess what?? It was a blast!


Yup, I actually enjoyed camping...who would have thought?! I never figured myself for a camper, but after sleeping in a tent for two nights and cooking on a mini stove I feel like I'm a pro! Alright maybe not a pro, but at least now I can add it to my list of things accomplished. :)

Eternal Fest went off with a hit on Friday afternoon. Of course it was stressful and things went wrong, but all in all it was an incredible event. Over 100 musicians were there and although the crowd wasn't as huge of a turnout as expected, the stages were constantly rocking with electronic beats that got everyone moving! Gabe and I's good friends John and his wife Brooke helped manage and put on the festival. They provided one of the stages which was an ambient dome that built entirely from scratch by John. At night it had tons of disco lights and projectors to give it that perfect dance room vibe. It was an amazing display that definitely stole the show.



Gabe had the pleasure of performing in the dome Friday and Saturday night in his one man band, Digital Lizards of Doom while I sold merch outside. It was freezing, but so neat to be a part of!


The actual camping part was quite an experience, but I definitely enjoyed it over all. Getting to hang out and share it with awesome friends was really fun and worth the discomfort of dirt, sleeping on the hard ground and using port-o-potties ;)

(Gabe in the "green room" behind the dome stage)

(Our view of the stages from our camp grounds)

(Nick, Jesse and Gabe aka my favorite boys of the weekend!)

 
(Nick showing off his awesome one man tent haha)

Can't wait until the next Eternal Fest or other music festival we get to participate in! I also want to try camping in the mountains at some point just for the fun of it. I feel like that might be a little more relaxed...just sayin' ;)

♡♥♡

1 comment: