Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Beer Infused Cupcake Success!

Happy Tuesday, all! Today I thought I'd share about my first beer/cupcake pairing event I had last Friday. Earlier this month I wrote about how I was beginning to experiment with creating beer infused cupcakes so I could participate in an event Intergalactic Brewing Company wanted to put on. Well the event happened and I must say...it was a HUGE success!!

(Our table display)

Gabe (my boyfriend) and I arrived around 5pm to set up the tent, table, etc. There weren't too many people at the tasting room so I was feeling pretty nervous at this point that no one was going to show up. Let's face it, a lot of times people flake or things come up. It happens, I've done it too. So I prepared myself to be left with a bunch cupcakes at the end of the night. However, that definitely didn't happen. At 6pm on the dot I had my first customers perusing the table waiting to try my cupcakes! It was crazy because I didn't know these women and they told me they had been referred to come out by a friend of theirs. AKA, my cupcakes were getting around before people had even tried them. So cool :)

Within the first half hour a ton of friends started showing up and before I knew it, I was already out of half of my cupcakes. It was a great blend of getting to see some of the people I love try my cupcakes and complete strangers trying them as well. Gabe told me later that he stayed in the tasting room to eavesdrop on everyone's reactions...and using his words he said "everyone loved them and wanted more!"

A little after 7pm I completely ran out of cupcakes. I was totally shocked and really blown away at everyone's responses and support. There were tons of people who showed up later in the evening that didn't even get to try them...so for all of you, I will make sure to have double the amount next time so you don't miss out <3 Speaking of next time, the owner of Intergalactic Brewing Company was very happy with the outcome of the evening and already invited me back for their Halloween event!! I hope everyone will show up to that because I will be showcasing some new fall flavors!

Anyways, as you can probably tell I'm still buzzing from that day and feeling more pumped up than ever to continue this side business! I'm hoping by the next event I will have more cupcakes, business cards and a few other surprises :)

For now I'll leave you with a little cupcake love!

(Me with my chocolate coconut porter cupcake!)
Photo credit: Alexa Rae Johnson

♡♥♡

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, I'm so glad I was able to meet you! And even though I didn't get to try your cupcakes (yet), I bet they are nothing short of amazing! I'm definitely looking forward to trying them at your next event :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so happy we met too! And thank you, I can't wait for you to come out to the next one as well!! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool Megan. Please call me. Let's have lunch ask gabe for my number

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! It would be great to all get together!!

      Delete