Thursday, September 25, 2014

Camping...For The Non-Campers ;)

Who has two thumbs and is going camping tomorrow?? That's right folks, this girl! Some of you may or may not know, but I've actually never been camping before. You could say that my family is made up of a bunch of non-campers. My parents never camped growing up, therefore we never went camping while I was growing up. My only camping experience (if it counts) would be 6th grade camp and unfortunately it was a nightmare, thus proving to myself that I am not the camping type.

So why in the world am I going camping now? I'll tell you why...ETERNAL FEST!!


Eternal Fest is a festival out in Jacumba, CA where electronic artists get together and perform on 3 different stages for 48 hours straight. Yup. Live, nonstop music with no breaks. That means you could technically wake up at 5 in the morning if you wanted and there would be some sort of performance going on. Crazy huh?

Why am I going to this festival? Because my boyfriend is one of the bands performing! Digital Lizards of Doom will be at the Dome stage 9pm on Friday and Saturday night, grooving it up and getting the crowd moving! He is so stoked for this opportunity and I'm really excited for him as well.

Since it's an outdoor festival, naturally we will be camping. I'm pretty nervous to camp for the first time because lets face it, I'm a homebody. I like my bed, shower, chai tea latte's and fuzzy slippers. I'm not so much of a dirt, sleeping bag and no running water kind of girl. But hey, these are the things we do for love, right? ;)

I've done some research online, talked to some friends who have camped and have come up with a list of camping must haves. So if you're a seasoned camper or you've never been camping either, hopefully these tips/gadgets can come in handy for you next time you go up the the mountains or a music festival!

Camping List:
  •         Dry shampoo
  •      Deodorant
  •      Toothbrush/Toothpaste
  •      Sleeping bag for cold weather and a camping mat (for extra comfort)
  •      Chair and pop up tent for shade
  •      Flashlight (for late night bathroom trips)
  •      Non-perishable food (like granola bars, trail mix, canned soup, oatmeal and dried fruit)
  •      Make up (but stick to BB creams and light foundation)
  •      Sunscreen
  •      Toilet paper
  •      Towel
  •      Bags for dirty clothes
  •      Summer Eve wipes (for all my ladies)
  •      Baby wipes/wet ones...lots of them!
If you have any other suggestions or things I may have forgotten, comment below and let me know!

      For now, wish me luck and happy camping! ♡♥♡


No comments:

Post a Comment