Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dapper Day Shenanigans

I know this post is a week after Disneyland's Dapper Day Fall Soiree, but I've been crazy busy and haven't had a moment until now to sit down and write about it. However, let me start out by saying that Dapper Day has definitely outdone itself once again!

This year was SO much fun! The unofficial event has definitely taken over Disney parks and is growing bigger and better each time. Only being it's fifth year taking place, they impressed everyone by not only having their regular meet ups in the parks and hotels, but by taking it a step further with the Dapper Day Expo. This was located at the Disney Grand Californian Hotel (where we stayed at) in their convention hall. Businesses from all around Southern California came together to put on an expo that highlighted all things vintage and dapper! From clothing to artwork to personalized drawings of yourself dressed up in your dapper finest, they really stepped up their game with this addition to the day's events.


Aside from the expo Dapper Day included other fun meet ups at the carousel in Fantasyland, the bar at the Grand Californian Hotel and the after party at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. This year my friends and I didn't partake in a lot of the meet ups, but we still had a blast getting dolled up and strutting down main street ;) It was really hot during the day so we decided to hold off until the evening to showcase our outfits, but it seemed like many others had the same idea so it was neat seeing everyone make the transition from daytime "normal clothes" to evening "fancy attire." There were some who braved the whole day in their suits and dresses, so to all of you...I give you major kudos!!

I mentioned in my last blog that my boyfriend, Gabe, and I were going to "disneybound" dapper day style as Wall-E and Eve so I thought I would include some pictures of us in our getups!

 



 It was such a great trip and a much needed Disneyland fix for a disney addict like me ;) Comment below if you went, I'd love to hear about other people's dapper day adventures!

♡♥♡

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I wanted to go so badly. I adore your outfits, the take on Eve and Wall-E are too cute!

    ReplyDelete