Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bun Day, Fun Day

I'm not usually an "up-do" sort of person when it comes to my hair unless I'm working out, but today I felt like having a little fun and trying something different. I'm definitely not make up or hair styling savvy whatsoever. That's my sister's area of expertise. In fact, Maura (my sister) has done my make up and hair all growing up for dances, weddings, birthdays...really anytime I've needed to look dolled up. And she's awesome! I wish she would start a youtube or something because I know people would watch it. But anyway, back to my hairstyle of the day...

I tried what's called a "messy bun" look. It's where you throw your hair up into a bun on top of your head and it looks super natural like it took no time at all! Well I've tried to do a messy bun several times and it's never come out looking cute before. In the past I would use 2 or 3 hair ties, but this time I decided to use a bunch of bobby pins...and it worked really well! I didn't think it looked like anything special, but surprisingly I got tons of compliments throughout the day. So in case anyone happens to come across my blog and wants to do a messy bun style that looks effortless, takes only a couple minutes and lasts all day then here you go:

Step 1: Put your hair in a pony tail on top of your head        
Step 2: Grab a small section of hair and wrap it around the hair tie to hide the  appearance and hold it in place with a bobby pin
Step 3: Piece apart the rest of hair into sections and attach it to the top of your head around the base of the pony tail with bobby pins
Step 4: Enjoy your "messy" bun hairstyle!


And at the end of the day when I took my hair down I got another beautiful hair-do!
Or not...haha. Womp womp.


Welp, that's my Wednesday! Over and out (;

No comments:

Post a Comment