Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dapper Day Ready!

Hello all! This Friday, Sept. 12th, is Disneyland's unofficial Fall 2014 Dapper Day soiree! So if you know me at all, you know I'll be there!! ;) If you don't know what Dapper Day is, it's basically an event that people started putting together a few years ago where everyone who partakes comes to Disneyland dressed in their Sunday best attire (like from when the park first opened in 1955). It's super fun to go and see everyone all dolled up, walking around a theme park! The first year it started it was pretty small, but now it's blown up enough that there are meet ups throughout the day where everyone gets together and goes on certain rides at the same time, there are "mixers" at the hotel bars, and even an after party in Downtown Disney. This isn't an official Disney event, but Disneyland has recognized the popularity of it and now offers hotel discounts and this year is putting on an expo in honor of Dapper Day!

Last fall was my first year going. I went up with my dad, sister and Gabe (my boyfriend). We stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel and took part in some of the meet ups! It was so fun talking to random people who were also dressed up and others who weren't that had never heard of Dapper Day!

(Maura, dad, me and Gabe in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle)

This year Gabe and I are taking two of our friends up there for a couples trip. We are going to stay at the Grand Californian again because the discount is too good to pass up! After going last year we have a better idea of how it all works and how dressy/not dressy we want to get. I was looking around online and noticed that people were also starting to incorporate "disneybounding" into their outfits, and so after going back in forth on many characters we've decided to dress up as characters from one of our favorite Pixar movies, WALL-E.


I have most of our outfits pieced together and am hopefully picking up the final touches today. I'll definitely be blogging about it later this week/next weekend so stay tuned for lots of pictures! ;)

Happy Sunday funday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment