Monday, May 19, 2014

Disneyland, Fires and Graduation

Last week was pretty busy for me so I didn't get a whole lot of time to blog about what I was up to. The beginning of the week was fairly relaxed, mostly just working. Wednesday's at my school are half days which means I get off of work at 12...yay!! My sister (Maura) and I decided to take a trip up to Disneyland for the afternoon\evening because we're trying to go as much as we can before our passes become blocked out for the summer. Well we thought if we left around 1 we could be there by 3, but unfortunately a series of brush fires broke out up in carlsbad area so we got stuck in traffic and didn't make it to Disneyland until 5. We still had tons of fun in the short time we were there! We ate at my new DCA (Disney California Adventure) staple, The Cove Bar and had delicious drinks and lobster nachos (SO GOOD)!!! Then we headed over to Disneyland and had a mini photoshoot in front of the castle, walked around and went on Star Tours (because it's the best haha). We had to leave early because I was supposed to work the next morning, but on our way home I received a phone call from SDUSD explaining that due to the fires schools would be closed on Thursday. It was a terrible situation, but I was happy to stretch my 3 day weekend into a 4 day weekend.

(Disneyland Sister Trip!)


On Friday I had my commencement ceremony at SDSU in honor of receiving my Bachelor's degree back in December. It was a great day full of celebration with my family. My aunt and uncle from Texas came into town so we took them to breakfast and then headed over to campus. The ceremony was a couple hours long. The dean spoke, as well as, some other faculty members and then we all walked on stage where we were presented with the cases for our diplomas. I wasn't expecting to walk and honestly was pretty nervous when I found out, but after doing I am so thrilled I had the opportunity! I originally didn't want to participate in the ceremony because I felt like it was weird to celebrate something I accomplished 5 months ago, but now I see how important it was in feeling a sense of completion within my education. I definitely would encourage any college graduate to walk because it's a once in a lifetime experience you won't ever get back!

(Pictures after the ceremony)

We took a bunch of pictures afterward, then headed to Joe's Crab Shack where more family came out to celebrate! The food was great, seeing everyone was wonderful and I feel so blessed to have been showered with such amazing love!! The rest of my weekend was nice...spent time with friends, went to church, helped my love at a show he played and went to see CYT's production of Peter Pan...it was incredible!!

(Myself, Kaylee as an Ugg-A-Wugg and Gabe)



Now it's a new week full of working and....who knows what else!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment