Friday, May 23, 2014

Never Settle

I know that's weird title, but I firmly believe in those two words. Whether it has to do with people, relationships, jobs, material items...you name it. However for me, those words have a significant meaning for something I'm going through in my own life right now...career searching.

I mentioned in one of my last blogs that I started working for the San Diego School District a little over a month ago. When I was offered the position I was initially really excited about getting the opportunity to work at a school (my old elementary school in fact) and help kids with their educational growth. Unfortunately, I learned pretty quickly after my first few days that it wasn't really that kind of job. Instead of working in the classroom all day with the students, I have become a babysitter/caregiver for 3 little girls that transferred to our room a week after my start date. They are such sweet girls and I don't want to come off sounding rude or ungrateful for having a job, but changing diapers all day wasn't what I signed up for.

I'm still working in this classroom because the school year ends in 3 weeks and I feel as though I need to finish what I committed to, but what I've decided is that I need to start looking into other interests of mine and maybe try out a different career path or two. I see so many people that start a job and get into a rut because they've worked there for so long and it's become comfortable to them, even though they don't enjoy it. I understand that with every job there are going to be faults, but I really want to strive for a career that I will wake up every morning to not dreading and hating. I know this may take a while and I may have to go through a lot of poopy diapers to get there, but I'm positive I will one day find a career that I love and am passionate about! It could be baking, working with kids or animals, event planning...oh the endless possibilities!

If anyone happens to see this blog and reads it, I hope it encourages you to strive for your dreams and to not let anything or anyone get in your way of doing what you want to do! And if you're like me and you're not really sure what you want to do yet, that's totally okay!! Take your time and don't rush into something you could regret down the road!

Happy Friday xoxoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment