Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Weekend Fun

Well this weekend has been busy so far, but very relaxing which has been much needed! Saturday I cleaned a bunch then went to the mall with my sister and did some summer shopping because I've lost a little over 10 pounds since last summer and none of my shorts or pants fit anymore so it was a good excuse to buy some new clothes...and let's face it ladies, we want any excuse to shop ;) I bought some shorts, pants a couple tops (because even most of my current tops are a size too big nowadays) and a couple adorable "statement" necklaces because I've become obsessed with them lately! Later in the evening I found I had the house to myself so I took a little "me time" and made a super delicious, quick and easy meal that a girl on youtube I watch suggested. It's a shrimp pasta salad with grape tomatoes, asparagus, feta cheese, shrimp and brown rice spiral pasta noodles (of course). Drizzle it with some greek feta dressing or whatever suits your fancy and voila! Yummy in the tummy!


Sooooo good! Anyway, I paired it with some red wine in my new wine glasses that I also bought at the mall from Anthropologie and had a nice quiet night in.

Today, Gabe and I had lunch with a couple friends of ours that live up in Murrieta at Sushi Deli. This was my OOTD (outfit of the day)...I wore some of the new clothes I bought yesterday. Everything is from Forever 21.


It was amazing getting to see them since we don't get the chance very often! They are the sweetest couple and I'm so thankful to have met them through Gabe. Afterward, Gabe and I went to Sunset Cliffs and walked around the beach, enjoying the beautiful afternoon with some froyo :)




Tomorrow the fam, Gabe and I are going to see the new X-Men movie so I'll post my thoughts about it in my next blog!

Farewell from the always sunny, beachy san diego (;

No comments:

Post a Comment